Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Finance, Property and Regeneration
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Cabinet Member approval sought.
1. That the Cabinet Member for Finance, Property and Regeneration authorised the application for grant funding from the Greater London Authoritty (GLA) Affordable Homes Programme.
2. That the Cabinet Member for Finance, Property and Regeneration authorised entering into a grant agreement with the GLA.
3. That the Cabinet Member for Finance, Property and Regeneration agreed that initial lettings for London Affordable Rent (LAR) Dwellings (including social rent) be subject to a top slice to support the pan London - Housing Moves portal and noted that this requires a minimum of 5% for LAR Dwellings.
Reasons for the Decision
1. The Council is satisfied that any grant funding received from the GLA’s – Affordable Homes Programme, will contribute towards meeting the City for All objectives, Building Homes and Celebrating Neighbourhoods.
2. The Council’s 2017/18 City For All objectives set a commitment to deliver 1,850 affordable homes by 2023. Successful bids and thereby draw down of funding will improve capacity and contribute to the delivery of affordable homes in Westminster.
Publication date: 03/09/2019
Date of decision: 03/09/2019