Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Finance, Property and Regeneration
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Cabinet Member response to petition in respect of Blomfield Mews.
That the Cabinet Member for Finance, Property and Regeneration:
· Noted the submitted petition from the local community and acknowledged the concerns of those who have signed it regarding the Blomfield Mews proposal.
· Acknowledged the need to develop on the currently under-utilised site in order to deliver 14 much needed affordable homes in the area, contributing to the Council’s City For All priorities to deliver an increase in levels of affordable housing for the residents of Westminster.
· Committed to engage with the local community and ward members on the proposed development and the next steps.
Reasons for Decision
1. The proposal at Blomfield Mews delivers new affordable homes for local people on what is currently a poor-quality brownfield garage site, meeting the key objectives of the adopted City Plan.
2. The Planning Applications (Major) Sub-Committee on 24 September 2019, after considering all the material planning considerations, which included all the concerns raised in the subsequent petition to which this report relates, resolved to grant conditional permission subject to the completion of a legal agreement. The basis on which the Sub-Committee found the proposed development to be acceptable is set out in detail in the officers report to the Planning Applications (Major) Sub-Committee on 24 September 2019 (hereafter ‘the Committee report’). The Committee report and minutes, are at Appendix B.
Publication date: 17/01/2020
Date of decision: 17/01/2020