Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Finance, Property and Regeneration
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Decisions required prior to planning
1. That Appendixes B and C of the report be exempt from disclosure by virtue of the Local Government Act 1972, Schedule 12A Part 1, paragraph 3 (as amended), in that it contains information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
2. That the Cabinet Member for Finance, Property and Regeneration:
Approved the preferred option as detailed in Section 5 of this report for redevelopment of:
§ Mixed tenure scheme – minimum of 35% affordable housing.
§ Market Units to be progressed as rental.
3. Approved in principle that Westminster Builds (WB) delivers the scheme as detailed in Section 5 of this report and note that additional Cabinet Member approval will be required for the financial and legal documents required to facilitate this delivery route.
4. Authorised the Executive Director Growth Planning and Housing and the Bi-Borough Director of Law, to deal with all necessary legal arrangements to affect the recommendations set out in this report, including entering in to S106 agreement.
5. Noted expenditure on the project of £0.578m to date and approved additional expenditure of £1.4M to progress design and procure a preferred contractor.
Reasons for Decision
1. In May 2019, an Outline Business Case was tabled at Capital Review Group which confirmed the separation of Carlton Dene and Westmead in to two individual projects, with Carlton Dene progressing as a 100% affordable scheme consisting of extra care and general needs housing, whilst Westmead will be a mixed tenure general needs housing scheme including social rent, intermediate and market housing.
2. Officers have assessed a number of options for Westmead ranging from reinstatement through to redevelopment for general needs housing.
Publication date: 16/10/2020
Date of decision: 16/10/2020
Effective from: 24/10/2020