Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Environment, Sports and Community
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Agreement to list of Amenity Societies to be
recognised/ semi-recognised for formal consultation purposes in
respect of planning and licensing applications.
Notice is hereby given that the has made the following executive decision on the above mentioned subject for the reasons set out below.
Summary of Decision
That the Cabinet Member for Environment, Sport and Community agreed that:
1. All the currently recognised amenity societies listed in the table at paragraph 4.10 of thi report continue to be recognised for formal consultation purposes on planning in their respective areas.
2. Within the area of the Belgravia Residents Association (BRA), that both the Belgravia Residents Association and the Belgravia Society are formally recognised for consultation purposes in respect of planning applications
3. That within the area of the Residents Association of Mayfair and St James (RAMSJ),
i. the RAMSJ remain the sole recognised society for the area and
ii. Mayfair Residents Group is not formally recognised at this time but is consulted on planning applications within their area (the Mayfair area only) and is asked to submit further information (as set out in paragraph 4.18 of the report) within 18 months of the date of this decision for further review.
4. That within the area of the Westminster Society:
ii. within 18 months of the date of this decision through further review.
5. That the Portland Village Association be ‘semi-recognised’ and consulted on applications within its area but the Marylebone Association and Fitzrovia Neighbourhood Association remain the main recognised amenity societies in this area.
6. That the Queens Park Estate Society is no longer classed as a recognised Amenity Society and the Queens Park Community Council is now the only consultee for this area.
7. That relevant societies be notified of the above and a full list of recognised, semi-recognised societies and other groups be published on the website.
Reason for Decision
To ensure that effective arrangements for consultation on planning issues with amenity societies are in place.
Stuart Love, Chief Executive,
Westminster City Hall,
64 Victoria Street
LONDON SW1E 6QP
22 March 2018
Publication date: 22/03/2018
Date of decision: 22/03/2018