Decision Maker: Cabinet CIL Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
1. That approval of the expenditure from Westminster’s City CIL Strategic Portion as set out in Section 5.1.5 of the report to include the allocation of funding for the following projects set out in Appendix B to the report.
(i) Baker Street 2-Way (Appendix B, Project 2)
(ii) Beachcroft House Care Home (fit-out) (Appendix B, Project 3)
(iii) Strand/Aldwych Cultural Quarter (Appendix B, Project 4)
(iv) Harrow Road/Kilburn Lane/Ladbroke Grove Junction (Appendix B, Project 5)
(v) Children’s Centre Improvement Programme (Appendix B, Project 6)
(vi) Prince of Wales Junction (Appendix B, Project 7)
(vii) Church Street (Appendix B, Project 8)
(viii) Tachbrook Street Market Electrics (Appendix B, Project 9)
(ix) Maida Vale Cycle Hire Station (Appendix B, Project 10)
(x) Queensborough Terrace/Queensborough Passage (Appendix B, Project 11)
2. That consideration of the Hanover Square Public Realm (soft landscaping) Project 1 be deferred and following further investigation by officers a report be submitted to Councillor Astaire, as the relevant Cabinet Member or his successor.
Approve the expenditure of £0.12m from Section 106 funds held for the purposes of the Victoria Area Transport Study as set out in Section 6.2 of the report. This includes the allocation of funding for the following projects set out in Appendix B to the report.
(i) Victoria Station Air Quality and contract coach parking scheme (Appendix B, Project 12)
(ii) Buckingham Gate Red Route and coach parking scheme (Appendix B, Project 13)
3. Note the update on Councillor proposed priority projects, as set out in Section 7 of the report and Appendix C, and note progress.
4. Note the list of newly proposed projects from Westminster Councillors, as set out in Section 8 of this report and Appendix D. These projects will be considered for the next round of funding if it is determined they are eligible to be funded by CIL.
5. Note the neighbourhood portion of CIL received £1.774m to date as set out in Section 9 of the report and Appendix E, and note that the first round of funding of this portion will take place early in the next financial year in order to allow time to develop an engagement strategy between the council and Westminster’s neighbourhood forums.
Reasons for Decision
In order to ensure robust and effective expenditure and reporting in line with the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010 (as amended) and in accordance with the Council’s strategic priorities, CIL spending policy statement and its framework for resource allocation and management.
Publication date: 28/03/2018
Date of decision: 28/03/2018