Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Housing and Customer Services
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Cabinet Member approval sought.
1. That this report be exempt from disclosure by virtue of the Local Government Act 1972 Schedule 12A, Part 1, paragraph 3 (as amended), in that it contains information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
2. That the Cabinet Member for Housing and Customer Services approved the contract extensions to the preferred bidders for the period 7 December 2018 to 31 March 2019 in respect of block and estate cleaning and window cleaning (South and Central areas), grounds maintenance (South and Central areas) and housing and estate management to provide cleaning, grounds maintenance and concierge services only (North and West areas) for the costs as set out in the report.
Reasons for Decision
1. To ensure the continued provision of core services to Westminster’s tenants and lessees as follows:
2. Cleaning and grounds maintenance, required to maintain the condition of the council’s housing stock and essential for the health and safety of residents, staff and visitors and as required by lease and tenancy conditions and to discharge the council’s relevant legal obligations as a landlord.
3. Concierge services, required for the preservation of security in high rise, multiple dwelling blocks as requested and voted upon by residents where they are in operation, in accordance with Council policy.
Publication date: 21/12/2018
Date of decision: 21/12/2018
Effective from: 03/01/2019