Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Housing and Customer Services
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Cabinet Member approval sought for extension of contract for Agilisys ICT Lot 2 contract.
1. That this report be exempt from disclosure by virtue of the Local Government Act 1972 Schedule 12A, Part 1, paragraph 3 (as amended), in that it contains information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
2. That the Cabinet Member approved the extension ICT Framework Lot 2 (IT Service Desk) Call off contract from May 2019 to May 2022 which would be done via the issuing of a Contract Change Notification (CCN) to the existing contractor.
3. That the Cabinet Member for Housing and Customer Services noted the total value of the extension for the 3 years for the sum as set out in the report and that if the Council decides to take some services in-house at some point within the 3 year period, then this figure is expected to reduce.
Reasons for Decision
1. This service is required for day-to-day operation of the ICT provision for the Council.
2. Extension of this contract aligns with the strategic vision in that it allows the Council to reduce/end consumption of the service without any financial penalties as IT Service Desk demand reduces, due to planned initiatives like Bi-borough tech bar and Bi-borough IT Service Management toolset deployment.
Publication date: 21/12/2018
Date of decision: 21/12/2018
Effective from: 03/01/2019