Venue: This will be a virtual meeting
Contact: Reuben Segal, Head of Committee and Governance Services Email: email@example.com; Tel: 07890 380137
To note any changes to the membership
1.1 There were no changes to the membership.
Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations by Members and Officers of the existence and nature of any pecuniary interests or any other significant interest in matters on this agenda.
2.1 There were no declarations of interest.
To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 13 July 2020.
That the minutes of the meeting held on 13 July 2020 be signed by the Chairman as a correct record of the meeting.
4.1 The Leader of the Council invited Councillor Melvyn Caplan, Cabinet Member for Finance, Property and Regeneration to introduce the item.
4.2 Councillor Caplan then set out the context for this year’s annual review of fees and charges which he explained had been delayed and affected as a consequence of the Covid 19 outbreak. He referred Cabinet colleagues to the table in paragraph 5.3 of the report for a summary of the impact across the main service areas. He highlighted that for 2020/21 the level of benefit will be less given that the proposed changes are not applied until mid October at the earliest.
4.3 Gerald Almeroth, Executive Director for Finance and Resources, provided further details on these matters. He explained that to ensure that charges remain in line with increases being experienced in the cost of delivering services, the default position for this year’s review is that all charges adopt an inflationary increase of 2%, other than those exceptions set out in the report.
1. That Appendix 2 be exempt from public disclosure by virtue of paragraph 3 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972, as amended – on the grounds that the information relates to the financial and business affairs of the authority;
2. That Cabinet:
· Approved the changes to fees and charges as outlined in Appendix 2 of the report.
· Approved that authority be delegated to the Executive Director for Finance and Resources, in consultation with the relevant cabinet member, to approve any changes required in light of consultation feedback.
· Noted the fees for which no increase is proposed for 2020/21. Details of these fees are included in Appendix 2 of the report.
· Noted the fees and charges policy at Appendix 1 to the report.
Reasons for Decision
To agree the fees and charges position and changes for the year.