Venue: Westminster Council House, 97-113 Marylebone Road, London, NW1 5PT
Contact: Reuben Segal, Acting Head of Committee and Governance Services Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 020 7641 3160
Live Broadcast: recordingofmeeting
Election of Lord Mayor
(a) To elect the Lord Mayor for the ensuing year.
(b) Declaration of Acceptance of Office by the newly elected Lord Mayor.
1.1 The Leader of the Council informed the Council that the Majority party would not be putting forward a nomination for the Lord Mayor in keeping with her stated desire upon being elected as Leader of the Council to share the mayoralty with the Minority party.
1.2 Proposed by Councillor Adam Hug and seconded by Councillor Tim Roca that Councillor Ruth Bush be elected Lord Mayor of Westminster for the ensuing year.
1.3 Upon a show of hands, the Lord Mayor declared that Councillor Ruth Bush had been elected Lord Mayor.
RESOLVED: That Councillor Ruth Bush be elected Lord Mayor of Westminster for the ensuing year.
Councillor Ruth Bush thereupon made subscribed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office of Lord Mayor and of the Office of Deputy High Steward of Westminster. Having done so she took the Chair and thanked the Council for her election and reported that Dr Hannah Robbins, Thomas Bush and Foluke Gayle-Hay would be her Consorts.
To sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Council meeting held on 1 May 2019.
2.1 The minutes of the Council meeting held on 1 May 2019 were, with the assent of the Members present, signed by the Lord Mayor as a true record.
Lord Mayor's Communications
(a) Notification by the Lord Mayor of appointment of the Lord Mayor’s Chaplain.
(b) To present the past Lord Mayor’s badge and other insignia.
(c) Other Communications (if any)
3.1 The Lord Mayor announced that she had appointed the Reverend Dr Paul Hill as her Chaplain.
3.2 The Lord Mayor informed the Council that the Annual Civic Service would be held at Westminster Abbey at 11.00am on Sunday 7th July and all present were welcome to attend.
To receive and consider the report and recommendations of the Chief Executive and the Director of Law on constitutional issues that require a decision
4.1 The report of the Chief Executive and Director of Law was submitted.
4.2 The Lord Mayor put the recommendations set out in the report to the vote and on a show of hands, declared these to be AGREED.
1. That the Council determine the allocation of places on the following standing committees and noted the names of the Members appointed to them (including any changes), following notification by the respective Party Whips, as set out below and detailed in Appendix B.
2. That the Council confirm the proportional division of seats on the Standing Committees as set out below:
3. That the Council noted the Members appointed to the Standing Committees by the Chief Executive following notification received from the respective party Chief Whip under the Local Government (Committees and Political Groups) Regulations 1990 as amended, set out in Appendix B.
4. That the Council’s Constitution, including the Scheme of Delegations to Officers in respect of Non-Executive functions, be endorsed.
5. That the Joint Committees established in accordance with Section 101 of the Local Government Act 1972, be agreed.