Venue: This meeting will be held virtually
Contact: Reuben Segal, Head of Committee and Governance Services Email: email@example.com Tel: 07890 380137
Election of Lord Mayor of Westminster
(a) To elect the Lord Mayor for the next year.
(b) Declaration of Acceptance of Office by the newly elected Lord Mayor.
1.2 Proposed by Councillor Tim Barnes and seconded by Councillor Pancho Lewis that Councillor Jonathan Glanz be elected Lord Mayor of Westminster for the ensuing year.
1.3 In the absence of any objections from members present, the Lord Mayor declared that Councillor Jonathan Glanz had been elected Lord Mayor.
RESOLVED: That Councillor Jonathan Glanz be elected Lord Mayor of
Westminster for the next year.
Councillor Jonathan Glanz thereupon read the Declaration of Acceptance of Office of Lord Mayor and of the Office of Deputy High Steward of Westminster. Having done so he took the Chair and thanked the Council for his election and reported that his wife, Consuela, would be his Consort.
To sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Council meeting held on 4 March 2020.
In the absence of any objections from the members present, the minutes of the Council meeting held on 4 March 2020 were, signed by the Lord Mayor as a true record.
Declarations of Interest
There were none.
Lord Mayor's Communications
(a) Notification by the Lord Mayor of appointment of the Lord Mayor’s Chaplain.
(b) To present the past Lord Mayor’s badge and other insignia.
(c) Other Communications (if any)
3.1 The Lord Mayor announced that he had appointed the Reverend Dr Adam Scott as his Chaplain.
3.2 The Lord Mayor informed the Council that the Annual Civic Service would be held at Westminster Abbey at a future date in the autumn. This would be notified to members once the date and time had been confirmed.
Vote of Thanks to Outgoing Lord Mayor
Councillor Adam Hug moved the Vote of Thanks to the Lord Mayor, Councillor Ruth Bush and her Consorts, Dr Hannah Robbins, Thomas Bush and Foluke Gale-Hay
Councillor Rachael Robathan spoke to second the motion.
Motion put, and following the absence of any objections, the Lord Mayor
Declared the motion CARRIED following which Councillor Bush replied.
1. That the Council resolve to record a Vote of Thanks to Councillor Ruth Bush for the distinguished service rendered by her as Lord Mayor and to her Consorts, Dr Hannah Robbins, Thomas Bush and Foluke Gale-Hay, for the constant and invaluable help given by them as the Lord Mayor’s Consorts.
2. We assure them of our gratitude for, and high appreciation of, the dignity and ability with which they have carried out their many duties in accordance with the highest traditions of the City and this Vote of Thanks be inscribed under the Common Seal and presented to them.
6.1 The report of the Chief Executive and Director of Law was submitted.
6.2 The Lord Mayor put the recommendations set out in the report to the vote and in the absence of any objections declared these to be agreed.
1. That the Standing Committees be established as listed in 2.2 to the report and their Terms of Reference as set out in Appendix A to the report be approved.
2. That the Council confirmed the proportional division of seats on the Standing Committees as shown in column 3 of Appendix B to the report.
3. That the Council noted the Members appointed to the Standing Committees by the Chief Executive following notification received from the respective party Chief Whip under the Local Government (Committees and Political Groups) Regulations 1990 as amended, set out in Appendix B to the report.
4. That the Council’s Constitution, including the Scheme of Delegations to Officers in respect of Non-Executive functions which remain unchanged, be endorsed.
5. That the Joint Arrangements with one or more local authorities established in accordance with Section 101 of the Local Government Act 1972, as detailed in paragraph to the report, be agreed.
6. That the protocol and procedure rules for remote meetings as set out in Appendix D to the report be agreed.
7. That the amendment to Standing Orders for both Council meetings and Committees and Sub-Committees making reference to the protocol and procedure rules for remote meetings be agreed as set out in paragraph 3.12 to the report.