Venue: This is a virtual meeting
Contact: Reuben Segal, Head of Committee and Governance Services Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07890 380137
Appointment of Relief Chairman
To appoint a relief Chairman.
1.1 It was moved by the Lord Mayor and seconded by Councillor Paul Swaddle that Councillor Ian Adams be elected as Relief Chairman.
1.2 Motion put, and on a show of hands, declared CARRIED.
Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations by Members and Officers of the existence and nature of any pecuniary interests or any other significant interest in matters on this agenda.
2.1 There were no declarations.
3.1 Both the Conservative and Labour parties had selected as their first item for debate the Busking and Street Entertainment Policy.
3.2 Councillor Matt Noble moved and it was seconded by Councillor Pancho Lewis that recommendation 1 in the report of the Executive Director for Environment and City Management be amended as set out in the order paper.
3.3 Following debate, The Lord Mayor put the amendment to recommendation 1 to the vote and following an electronic poll declared the amendment LOST.
3.4 The Lord Mayor then put the substantive recommendations as set out in the covering report to the vote and following an electronic poll declared the recommendations CARRIED.
(1) A Busking and Street Entertainment Policy for the City of Westminster which includes (as specified in Appendix B to the report):
· the adoption of a city-wide Busking and Street Entertainment Code of Conduct;
· the creation of a dedicated Buskers and Street Entertainers Forum; and
· ongoing seasonal (quarterly) monitoring and an annual review of the policy after one full year of operation.
(2) To adopt Part V (Licensing of Buskers) of the London Local Authorities Act 2000 to apply to all the area of the City of Westminster.
(3) The draft designating resolution for consultation to prohibit busking and street entertainment from all licensed streets save that busking and street entertainment will be permitted under and in accordance with (a) the terms and conditions of designated pitches and (b) the terms and conditions of a busking and street entertainment licence.
(4) The draft designating resolution for consultation contains.
(4.1) the designated streets and areas where busking and street
entertainment is to be prohibited – the licensed streets, namely:
(4.2) the busking and street entertainment pitches where busking and street entertainment will be permitted (under and in accordance with (a) the terms and conditions of designated pitches and (b) the terms and conditions of a busking and street entertainment licence – the busking pitches, namely:
(4.3) the terms and conditions that ... view the full minutes text for item 3.
4.1 Both the Conservative and Labour parties had selected as their second item for debate the Revised Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy.
4.2 Following debate, The Lord Mayor put the recommendations as set out in the covering report to the vote and following an electronic poll declared the recommendations CARRIED.
That the Council approved the revised Statement of Licensing Policy as attached at Appendix 1 to the report in accordance with section 5 of the Licensing Act 2003 so that it can come into effect on 7th January 2021.